June 15- August 7, 2020
Virtual Summer Intensive & Classes LIVE via ZOOM. And, to make sure we reach everyone, we will also have recorded classes.
Join us dancing with world acclaimed guest artists from around the country – along-side Kanopy’s Artistic Directors and Faculty. Deepen your dance technique and artistry. Engage in creative activities. Learn, and learn about, these modern dance techniques, their different foundations toward the physical art of movement, their beginnings, and how artists through time create and find inspiration.
- Robert E. Cleary, Artistic Director, Kanopy Dance, Madison, WI.
- Georgia Corner, Kanopy faculty; former principal dancer Erick Hawkins Dance Company, Madison, WI.
- Samantha Geracht, artistic director Sokolow Theatre Dance Ensemble, New York, New York.
- Deborah Goodman, master teacher in Humphrey and Graham Techniques, Loyola College, Chicago, IL.
- Sandra Kaufmann, former principal dancer Martha Graham Dance Company; Director Loyola College Dance Program, Chicago, IL.
- Joy McEwen, former principal dancer Erick Hawkins Dance Company, faculty, Purdue University, IN.
- Maya Finman Palmer, former Kanopy2 dancer; Professional Program, Alvin Ailey Dance Company, New York, New York.
- Lisa Thurrell, Artistic Director, Kanopy Dance, Madison, WI